Thursday, August 12, 2010

past weekend and some catch up

This past weekend was great and the gray weather actually helped with my productivity. Perfect time spent with friends and with our group of friends, there is always something fun to celebrate.

Friday night - we had a great time celebrating these two lovebirds at Clever Bottle. Cutest little wine bar in Belltown - highly recommend it - charming atmosphere with excellent cocktails.  My favorites were the Candied Ginger Ale and the Lavender Current Cocktail.

kris and kevin4


kris and kevin2


kris and kevin3


Saturday - I had a maternity shoot with this awesome couple. Thankfully, they were willing to brave the nasty rain for some fun Georgetown photos.

becky and morgan


Saturday night - edited lots of photos and went out to dinner with my man (who had spent most of the day drinking on a boat) to one of his very favorite meals - mongolian grill. Since they don't allow to-go plates, he likes to imagine that one day I'll "be so kind" and bring tupperware in my purse so he can take his leftovers...not gonna happen.

Sunday - met up with girlfriends at Swedish Hospital to celebrate Rothie and Mike's twins girls. Delane and Court did such an awesome job preparing for this party - fun party favors, great decorations, delicious food and excellent company.

rothie and mom


mamma-to-be with her mamma


rothie shower


Monday night - dinner at Machiavelli on Capitol Hill for Michelle's {belated} 30th birthday dinner. The hour and a half wait for six of us, was 100% worth it. I had the birthday girls recommendation of Veal Saltimbocca and I can say with complete honesty that it was one of the best meals I've ever had in Seattle. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera...otherwise I would have taken a photo of my meal and a few of my friends oooo'ing and ah'ing over their meals.

A couple of weeks ago, we celebrated my adorable Grandpa's 94th Birthday - how cute is he?!? Father of 5, grandfather of 7 and great-grandfather of 3...still living on his own and loving life.

grandpa - 94-2edited


grandpa - 94


For all of you Seafair'ers...I'm sorry (for your sake) that this upcoming weekend forecast didn't happen last weekend. The weather is going to be spectacular! Lotsoftimewillbespentoutdoors. BTW - I have found that checking AccuWeather.com rather than Weather.com is much more precise.

weather_edited-1

5 comments:

Megan, Ryan, Addi & Brady said...

I LOVE the picture of Grandpa Ralph with all of his kids! What a fun week/weekend of celebrating!

The Sievers said...

What do you mean you won't steal mongolian grill!!! Brock always wants me to do that too. :) And I LOVE Becky & Morgan's pictures. They are awesome. Thanks so much for being my favorite photographer!

Lyndsy said...

Happy Birthday Gramps! He looks dashing in his yellow sweater :) Kris looked gorgeous at her party! And I love the all girl shot, beautiful ladies!

Kris said...

Beautiful pics Coffey! Thanks so much for bringing your camera to the party and capturing such great pics (and some hilarious b-roll ones too!). Love you! XOXO

Michelle said...

Great pics! Good recap of such a fun weekend!!! :)