Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Exploring the Rockies...

Last Wednesday morning, Steve and I flew to Denver to explore just a piece of Colorado and to shoot a wedding on Saturday. The groom has been a family friend since long before I was born and had asked us months ago if we'd be interested in shooting their wedding. There was no way we could turn this experience down...beautiful couple, great friends/family and a gorgeous setting made for the ideal experience.

edit-0126


Flying over the Cascades en route for the Rockies


edit-0152


We spent Wednesday and Thursday night in Breckenridge - experienced the craziest thunder/lightening storm either of us have ever been in, shopped, ate great food, drank beer, checked out Vail, avoided a late night rainstorm by going to the local 'Speakeasy' to see Inception and relaxed. Breck is definitely my new favorite ski town...can't wait to go back in the winter.

edit-0162


Golden, CO - home of the Coors Brewery...and my favorite beer - Blue Moon


edit-2040


Brewery tour


edit-0167


Crazy boot-campers at Red Rocks Amphitheater. Personally, I'd take the Gorge over Red Rocks.


edit-2079


edit-2067


edit-2058


edit-2111


Beautiful view from our hotel room in Breck


edit-2117


edit-2098


Loved this pup at one of the many stores we visited while it was raining


edit-0177


Riding the gondola in Breckenridge


edit-0181


Lots-O-Self-Portraits...


edit-0187


Riding the SuperSlide at the Breckenridge Fun Park


On Friday morning we took off for Boulder - checked into our cottage at the lovely Chautauqua, met up with my parents, Megs & Branden. All of the guests were invited to the rehearsal dinner at Old Chicago on the famous Pearl Street. After dinner, the guys went out to a few of the bars on Pearl St. with the groom and the girls went out with the bride. Saturday morning, me, Steve, Megs and Branden went tubing down Boulder Creek and then got ready for the the wedding. Sunday, Steve and I drove to Estes Park and then onto the Rockey Mtn. National Park - we wished the weather had been better, but it was still beautiful.

DSC_0885edit


My mom and her best friend, Julie, who was the maid of honor at my parents wedding 37 years ago.


DSC_2197edit


Megs and Branden


edit-3107


The Rocky Mountain National Park


edit-3118


edit-3115


edit-3123


edit-0488-2


The GORGEOUS bride and groom at the foot of the Flatirons in Boulder - more photos to come soon

9 comments:

Blyth Family Blog said...

What a fun trip for my constant traveling bf. I can't wait to see pics of the weddings!!!

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

WOW!!! I totally think I lived in Colorado in a past life. You just solidified a future trip for us. Can't wait to see more pics:)

Alexis Gradwohl said...

Love the picture of you and Steve... and you hold the gun! Sounds like a super fun weekend. And Blue Moon is my favorite too! I guess that's why we were meant for each other.... we've come a long way from Keystone Light!

Loosy said...

That's a nice pair of rockies you have there.

Wait. What?

Sorry. I've always wanted to say that.

Gooooooorgeous pictures. Duh. Gorgeous bride. I can't wait to see more. POST! POST! POST! POST!

The Weber Family said...

Coff- your pics are unbelievable! So gorgeous. Glad you had such a fun trip!

Stacie said...

I love all of these, makes me want to go back to Breck and ski this time!! That was the same gondola we rode up and hiked down, kinda wish we had down the alpine slide instead! :) what a great trip, can't wait to see more pictures from the wedding!

Lindsay said...

Great photos, looks like fun! Can't wait to see more wedding pix

Lyndsy said...

I am so glad ya'll had a fun time in Colorado and enjoyed the Coors Brewery. I wish we all could have been there at the same time. Your pictures are so beautiful (love the off the wing of the plane pic - winglets) and also the one of you and Steve and the teepee. Killed me!

Lspry said...

Your trip looks so fun! Can't wait to chat about all the same place we went.