Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy Seafair { gray.rainy.cold } Friday!

If you're out celebrating Seafair on the lake the weekend, you may run into my dear husband as he thinks/wishes he were a Seafair Pirate, but you won't see me. I love a good party, love the lake...however, I don't love the lake when it's raining and 65 degrees. I feel sorry this year, for the Seafair lovers out there and that the weather is predicted to be similar to an early fall Seattle day. BUT I'm sure ya'll will get out on the water and quickly (with a few beers) get over the weather factor.

My weekend will be spent celebrating the engagement and one-year countdown of Kevin and Kris' wedding

kris and kevin


Showering the mama-to-be - Rothie and her twin girls

mikeandkim


Couple of photoshoots and editing, editing and more editing

I started my weekend a bit early last night and met up with my girl Cheryl for dinner and drinks at Earls in Bellevue. Per usual, we had a wonderful time catching up, but I'm pretty sure we'd both agree that the highlight of the evening was enjoying {two} of the most refreshing cocktails we've ever had - the Blended Mojito - ah.ma.gawd.best.summertime.afterwork.drink.ever. Refreshing and no mint leaves stuck in your teeth afterwords - worth every bit of the $4 each.

Blended Mojito

via

8 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

Secretly, the bad weather makes me feel a little better about missing my fist year of Sea Fair:)

Kris said...

Yay! SO excited for a fun weekend! I am also so sad about this SeaFair weather, I just can't get excited about getting in the lake when it is 65 degrees and raining. Boo Seattle!

Brady Andrew Weedin said...

Hey lady~have a good weekend & can't wait to see you in a couple weeks in Bozo! :)

Courtney said...

Okay WOW- that drink looks amazing!!! I must try this!

Melissa Moore said...

Oh that looks YUMMY!! I need the preggers version though!

The Johnsons said...

That blendid mojito looks sooooo good. Have a fun weekend!

Stacie said...

I would've totally skipped it too, how mizz to "boat" in dreary weather!! Glad you had a fun, productive weekend though!

Lyndsy said...

$4!!! That's it? What a great happy hour, holy cow! Hope you had a great weekend friend!