Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Friends of Fitch 13

Was held (for the 2nd year) in a giant field, this past weekend, in Port Gamble. For the past 13 years, my cousins, Matt and Mike, have hosted this camping trip for their college friends, highschool friends and family. Despite the fact I've only attended the last four camp-outs I think I'm still the favorite cousin...actually, I take that back, Steve definitely surpassed me this year as the favorite. Megs is not the favorite since she missed FOF for the Lady Gaga concert...not sure if they'll ever let her live that down.

edit-4821


edit-4825


edit-4864


edit-4828


edit-4870


edit-4860collage copy


edit-4856olivia copy


FOF-girls


FOF-fitchs


FOF-steve


FOF-shan


The weekend was a blast, but thank goodness for the trusty RinaCamper keeping us sheltered from the pouring rain Saturday night. One of the reasons Steve is such a good man is that he knows as long as I'm comfortable, the happier I'll be. All I need is a hot shower (propane Coleman shower - check), comfy bed (memory foam and down comforter - check) and warmth on a 45 degree night (propane heater - check). We drove out on Friday night and returned mid-Sunday...stopping on the way home at our favorite antique shop in town and Matt and Lisa's new house in Indianola. The weekend consisted of the meeting our newest relative baby Olivia (Matt and Lisa's daughter), playing with baby Paul, the annual game of sloshball, campfires, mid-morning bloody marys, flip cup tournaments, and catching up with friends we hadn't seen since FOF '09. And since we didn't have quite enough time with Mike and Shannon - they brought over fresh dungeness crab (which my uncle caught on Saturday) and spent the night at our house on Sunday.

The highlight of the weekend for Steve - the ultimate gift from our friend Brenda...a REAL Seafair Pirate hat - no joke, I thought he was going to shed a tear when Brenda told him the story behind it and told him he could keep it. Throughout the weekend, the hat only came off when he went to bed...errrr passed out.

edit-4842

12 comments:

The Weber Family said...

Looks like so much fun! That last pic is priceless, absolutely awesome. Happy Summer!

Marge said...

that pic of steve is fantastic - lol! what a super fun trip!

The Sievers said...

Steve definitely made my weekend being silly in his new pirate hat. You guys are so much fun, wish we could hang out more. :)

Brady Andrew Weedin said...

This is right in my wheel house! See you soon!

Courtney said...

Love that last pic, so great!

Megan, Ryan, Addi & Brady said...

I cannot believe this has been going on for 13 years! It just doesn't seem possible! Looks like a fabulous time and I too love that last photo!

Lyndsy said...

that picture of paul and lauren melts my heart! how cute! i love the last shot of steve in his hat. so perfect!

Loosy said...

That last picture - framer.

Tara Holmes said...

Love Steve chillaxin in his chair with the hat! Sounds so fun!

Mama Megan said...

OH gosh....I never admitted to what concert I was going to ERIN! LOL I'm soo sad I missed out meeting Olivia and seeing the new house. ERGGG. Looks like you guys had a fun time though! Looking forward to next year!!

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

Seriously epic pic of Steve that last one of course. What an amazing family tradition!

Alexis Gradwohl said...

May I please invite myself to this event next year? Looks like so much fun...