Today my sweet boy turns 2 Months Old! Once again, I'm left wondering where the time has gone since April 28. The two of us have spent almost every single hour of the 1,440 hours of his life together and I have learned more about love during that time than I ever could have imagined. The most important thing I've learned is that there was a place in my heart that was saved specifically for this boy of mine and it makes me an extremely happy mama.
Here are just a few things that I love about Raleigh, at this very moment...
- I love the way he coos and smiles especially in the morning and before he goes to bed.
- I love the way his tiny little arms look in his pj's.
- I love the way he prefers to cuddle with his burp cloths than with any of his blankies
- I love the way he stretches (and the noises that come along with it) after a nap and first thing in the morning.
- I love his ginger hair.
- I love the way my parents and my in-laws love on him.
- I love the afternoons when we sit outside on the deck and I read my book while he lays next to me completely mesmorized by the the clouds and trees.
- I love when I change his diapers and sing crazy, made up tunes to him, he laughs and smiles. In other words, he's impressed with my singing...unlike anyone else in the entire world. Well, except for my 5th grade music teacher who asked me to be in choir, but I think he may have truly been out of his mind.
- I love to think that he knows Steve and I are an important part of his life...just by the way he looks at us.
He survived (and so did I) the 2 month shots and now we're spending the day at home relaxing before it's time to head out and meet his 94 year old great-grandpa tonight. I was worried what the side effects would be from the shots, but from the look on his face in this photo that I just took, I think he's holding up pretty well.