Thursday, July 22, 2010

Have You Ever...

Received or given a greeting card that makes you laugh (eons later) everytime you think of it? I have and this is my story.

I love homemade greeting cards, but every now and then I'll find a brand of card in a store that I fall in love with - that happened with me and the Seltzer Goods cards. In December, during Avery's 30th birthday trip to Solvang, CA, I gave her a card, with a banana on it, that was somewhat of an inside joke...random: I eat a banana every.single.day on my way home from the gym and set the peel on the passenger seat, which overtime has just become a joke for friends that know this and ride in my car. Sooooo, on another note, Avery is a proud member of the 'Grammar Police,' - ever heard of them? If not, send Avery an email with spelling and punctuation errors and you'll hear about it. I read, re-read and read again the message on the front of said card and thought "wow! the card I happened to pick out for Avery has a punctuation error"...come to find out, my correction of the error was not a correction at all and actually made the card read COMPLETELY different. Avery opened the card on the bus, during the wine tour, and I immediately told her about this 'error' that I so kindly corrected. She read the card, Jackie read the card and Brooke read the card - they thought I was joking...I thought they were crazy...we laughed until we cried...we nearly wet ourselves.

Banana card2

I 'corrected' this card to read "We'll split me in two and cover me in ice cream." We'll and Well (obviously) have completely different meanings, which made me look like a fool, but gave us a good laugh. I guess you probably had to be there with these girls to really get it, but just reliving this story as I type, is making me smile.

Here are a few of the other cards I enjoy from Seltzer.

card4

card1

7 comments:

Marge said...

LOL. I was sitting next to Avery I think, or near her. Redonk.

Lyndsy said...

Silly Coffey! Those cards are really cute! Perhaps not as cute as the one of that Puggle with a single tear running down his face!

Lindsay said...

Hahahahaha! One of the funniest things EVER. You and I will split me in two and together we will cover me in ice cream.

Lindsay said...

PS. You're even more ridic b/c of the banana / car / stain scenario. Oh Mrs. Banana Peel Seat..

Melissa Moore said...

Very funny cards...they remind me of a show on Noggin called Oswald...very random I know, but it makes me laugh and would these cards I imagine.

Jaclyn Z. Reiss said...

OMG!! I cannot stop laughing!! If only I lived closer I'd split you in two right this second. Seriously, best greeting card ever. So proud of your correction. :)
MISS YOU!

Stacie said...

Still makes me laugh too!! You were SO proud of yourself, ha!!