Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Water for Elephants

If you read that blog title a little too quickly like my dear friend Steph did, you may have thought my water broke...nope...not yet. Since my water is still in tact, we went and saw Water for Elephants last night and LOVED it! I considered leaving the theater a few times due to being extremely uncomfortable, but then was able to relax a bit after stretching out across three seats and leaning against Steve. Reese is stunning and Robert is much more handsome and grown up from the Twilight saga and both did a wonderful job. If you've read the book, like I have, you'll definitely see the parallels, but there are some differences as well.

water-for-elephants-poster

As most pregnant women know, you get a weekly email update throughout your pregnancy on the growth of your unborn child. Well, today I received an email titled "Your Baby: 1 Week" which went on to congratulate me on the "big thrills" that I've been experiencing this past week...hmmmmmm...the only thrills I've received in the past week are some extra sharp jabs to my sides. My boy is officially 5 days late, BUT the end is near and Mr. Raleigh will be arriving on Thursday. Until then, I'm staying busy at work and running errands.

A huge THANK YOU to our friends and family for the emails, texts, Facebook messages, comments - we love hearing from you all and will keep you posted on our sons arrival.

9 comments:

Alexis Gradwohl said...

I read the book and loved it. I kept reading facebook while in CB to see if you had your baby boy! I know you are getting lots of emails/texts and trying to stay busy! He is just taking his time. I can't wait to hear about his big arrival!

Stacie said...

I think he'll arrive tomorrow :) I can't wait to see the movie, loved the book!

Marge said...

JUST started it after ownign it now for 3 years :) So far so good, twenty pages in! :)

Blyth Family Blog said...

Such a great book. I'm jealous you already saw the movie. I need to drag Galen out on a date night, get him drunk, then go to the movie:)
Hurry up RALEIGH!
Oh, and yes, Ava was out of clean dresses...mom didn't do much laundry last week!

The Johnsons said...

I cannot wait to see this movie. I read the book and loved it. I am glad to hear that the movie was good. I just need to convince Nick to come see it with me!

Brady Andrew Weedin said...

Loved the book & LOVED going to movies at the end of my pregnancies!! :) Good way to spend the time...can't wait for the happy news!!

Koning said...

One of my favorites. I am excited to see the movie, but will have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

So excited for you and will be thinking of you all on Thurs. A playdate of due date pals for sure once things get settled!

Lyndsy said...

I can't believe you went and saw a movie past you due date! Frightening!! Glad you liked the movie and can't wait for RJR's arrival tomorrow! YIPEE!

Coug Gal said...

I need to see this movie! I loved the book! Thinking about you and love that you are keeping busy at work! I plan to do the same thing. :)