Thursday, October 7, 2010

Road Trip!

Tomorrow afternoon, we'll be leaving work early and heading to Pullman for Homecoming - first time back in three years!! I would prefer my Pullman fix to happen more often, but I'll take what I can get. We're loading up the Cougar trailer, for it's maiden voyage, and heading off for the beautiful wheat fields of the Palouse. I think most WSU alumni will agree with me when I say that the feeling of going back to Pullman is so incredibly nostalgic that it brings a smile to my face - there's just something about the fresh air and scenary in Pullman that make me happy.

DSC_1333edit


These two will fabulous Cougs (Jeremy and Marge) will be driving over and bunking up with us in the RinaCamper.


WSU homecoming '07


This is the last time we were in Pullman together...as the photo illustrates it was slightly ridiculous as Steve ended up in bed at Sigma Nu's around 5pm.


Here are a few of the MUST DO items on our list of things we will accomplish while in Pullman...is it weird that most involve eating?

• Eat at Sellas...duh

• Eat at Cougar Country

• Get Daily Grind

• Tailgate

• Attempt to enjoy a Cougar football game

• Go to Valhalla and the Coug

• Check out the new CUB

• Buy Cougar paraphernalia

• Take photos of the beautiful Eastern WA fall foliage

13 comments:

Blyth Family Blog said...

I AM VERY JEALOUS! What if I still worked at Sella's?? I'd hook you up for sure, then we'd get drunk after I closed up shop and have to call Eby for a ride home.
Have fun watching our poor cougs get gashed by the Ducks. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Have so much fun! Next year we will go for sure. Maybe we could work a shift at Valhalla??

Marge said...

woot! I will NOT be sporting those mom shorts and a cheerleader ribbon this year ;) CAN.NOT.WAIT!

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

OMG.... very funny comments! I WANT TO GO!!!! Have a blast at our old "haunts." Nothing beats Pullman in the Fall. Except maybe for the ducks.... lol. I crack myself up;)

Tara Holmes said...

I get goosebumps as I enter the hill down into Pullman. New bookie is nice, but I'm sure you'll agree you miss the old one. Don't you love how Daily Grind puts a chocolate BEANIE on your coffee? Have a blast!

Brady Andrew Weedin said...

Yaaaaa!!!! You guys are going to have a blast!!

The Sievers said...

um, totally jealous. that is all. :)

The Johnsons said...

I am super duper jealous of your trip. Have so much fun and send a bread twist and salad with ranch to Bozeman for me! Last time I was in Pullman I went to Sellas and got a bread twist, salad AND a calazone. . . .couldn't make up my mind so I decided why not eat a 5,000 calorie meal.

Lyndsy said...

Ooh fun! I want to do all of the things on your list! Especially visit my old stomping grounds of Daily Grind! Go COUGS!

Michelle said...

Have so much fun! Good news, D-Grind isn't going out of business anymore I don't think (a current student told me when I was there). Enjoy your breadtwist, vanilla freeze & cougar country crinkle fries! Uh, YKYFW...

The Benzels said...

Can't wait to hear about your fun weekend in Pullman! I was amazed at how nice campus looks...so many new buildings. And gotta love the same old "Coug". It's perfect.

Ps- was totally disappointed with Daily Grind when we went there a few weekends ago. I don't think we knew what good coffee was in college! It's crap.

Stacie said...

j.e.a.l.o.u.s..u.g.h!!! Have SO much fun, friends!

The Birdies said...

Have a great time... What to see a picture of this famous camper!!! Hopefully they don't get scored on during the opening kick off!