Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weekend { Update }

Good news - Summer decided to make an {almost} entire day visit to Seattle this weekend! People all across town came out of hibernation Saturday morning, only to go back Sunday morning. I would have loved for the +70 degree temps to stick around a little longer, but I'll take what I get.

Friday night - hung out with four of my favorite girls - Megan, Miss Addi, Jenny & Miss Maddy. We drank wine (only Megs and me), jumped on Addi's big girl bed, watched part of my wedding video (Nick was the videographer and Jenny, so graciously did the editing - THANK YOU!), and caught up on life - perfect way to spend a rainy evening.


me_addi_maddy


me_addi_maddy2

Saturday - Woke up to the sun in my eyes (blinds weren't shut) and a smile on my face - as cheesy as that sounds, it's the truth. I know I'm not the first to say this, but a sunny and warm day in Seattle beats a sunny and warm day almost anywhere else in the world. Drove to a photoshoot in Bellevue, washed the car, went back to Woodinville for a photoshoot, met up with Marge at the driving range (excellent idea Margie!) and met up with Steve, Megs and Branden at my parents house for a BBQ dinner and a sleepover.


Picnik collage2

Marge dressed adorable - as usual. I'm assuming she comes from a long line of action sports photographers, because she shot a perfect sequence.

Picnik collage-golf


edit-3326

LOVE my parents view - especially on nights with a beautiful sunset

edit-3378


edit-3352

Sunday - The rain returns, which unfortunately postpones a morning photoshoot at the beach. Steve headed up north to meet up with a guy to sell the Panfinder too - sort of sad considering that was my car for the past 8 years, but it was time to for it to go because Steve needed a stronger car to pull the boat and trailer. He got a Suburban that I have been informed "has a much better towing capacity." Not sure if I can picture myself driving a Suburban, but we'll see.

I met up with some of my girlfriends at the Queen Mary Tea Room for Jenny's surprise baby shower. The surprise worked - she was shocked. This was my first time to the tea room - I highly recommend it - excellent tea and great lunch. The girls planned the perfect afternoon to celebrate baby Johnson #2. Since Kelly is also expecting, I had to get a photo of the two of them together - I thnk they look pretty darn cute myself.


edit-3404


QM


edit-3407- copy

6 comments:

Megan, Ryan, Addi & Brady said...

I love YOUR weekend! Such a fun Friday night; love the golf shots; such a great pic of P&J; so sad to have missed Jenny's shower, but what cute photos! Oh...and a 'burb?? Wow! I will miss the Pathfinder too...sort of.

Alexis Gradwohl said...

I'm super jealous of the Suburban... that is most likey the next car I'll be getting! I love my Tahoe and love being power of a big car! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Blyth Family Blog said...

such a busy life you lead. do you ever just sit around on your butt?
love the pics of you with the girls, we really should get all three of those girls together when we come up next time!
I also always love a good pic of Johnny Coffs!
Another new car in a month? Are you guys secretly drug dealers?

The Johnsons said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend to me and I got to see you twice, so that makes it even better :-)

Marge said...

LOL I look challenged! Fun to catch up over some balls :) Lets do it again soon!
XO

Shelby said...

I am very, very impressed with your golf swing! WOW ;)