Our trip up to Victoria, BC was PERFECT and traveling by seaplane is definitely my new favorite form of transportation. It's simple and gets you to your final destination much faster compared to car, train, boat, etc PLUS it's beautiful! Even with the gray skies, it's so fun to look out the window and see familiar landmarks up-close.
Saturday morning, we flew to Lake Union from Kenmore (7 min flight) and then flew from Lake Union to our final destination of Inner Harbor, Victoria (45 min flight). On the way back yesterday, we received special treatment from a few of my sisters friends at work and enjoyed a scenic flight to Bedwell Bay, Vancouver, picked up four passengers and then headed back to Lake Union and then on to Kenmore (after a private tour of downtown Seattle from the sky).
If you ever decide to make the trip up to Victoria, I would definitely recommend staying overnight and booking your room at the Inn at Laurel Point - beautiful rooms and VERY reasonably priced.
Things to do and see in Victoria:
- Experience the Royal BC Museum
- Take in an IMAX movie at the museum
- Walk around the grounds of the BC Parliament Building
- Walk through Inner Harbor
- Check out the lobby (or stay the night) at the beautiful Fairmont Empress Hotel
- Explore the shopping along Douglas St. and Government St.
- Have a drink or watch a hockey game (no thanks on the latter) at the Sticky Wicket
- Walk through Chinatown
Almost two full days and one night was plenty of time for us to spend in Victoria, but we would definitely like to go back up during the Summer months and enjoy more outdoor activities like kayaking, bike riding, etc.
Here are a few of my favorite photos from the weekend - enjoy.
* I'll share a few more fun photos from inside the museum later