Monday, May 11, 2009

{ Bachelorette } Weekend in Lake Chelan

On Thursday evening, we headed over to Lake Chelan for a weekend of wine and lots of laughing (I think Ailie and Terry may have been soaking in the hot tub for an hour too long - ha!) in honor of our dear friend Cabe who will be tying the knot on July 4 in Seaside, OR. We stayed at my favorite place in Chelan / Manson - Wapato Point, where I have many great memories from staying at my grandparents condo during summers as a kid. However, this time, we were not in a condo, but instead a luxurious house that fit the 12 of us just perfect.

On Friday, the six of us that were there early visited Tsillan (pronounced Chelan) Cellars, Hard Roe to Hoe and enjoyed dinner at the Hungry Belly in downtown Chelan. Saturday morning, the limo bus picked us up for our four-hour winery tour where we were able to visit Karma Vineyards, Nefarious Cellars, Benson Vineyards, Lake Chelan Winery and Wapato Point Cellars. The tour and time spent at each was perfect! My personal favorite tasting was at Karma. Saturday night we enjoyed a BBQ at the house and showered Cabe with bachelorette gifts - such a great weekend!

Cabe1

Me, Terry, Cabe, Spry, Ailie and Diggy at Tsillan Cellars

Sunday afternoon, on our way out of town a few of us stopped by Vin du Lac Winery for a delicious lunch - highly recommend eating on their patio on a nice day.

I'm sad I didn't take more photos of our friends, but here are a few of my favorites. Seriously, can Chelan be any more serene during a beautiful spring weekend?? I think not.
cabe5

Cabe2

cabe4

cabe3

cabe7

cabe8

Congratulations Cabe and thank you for giving us the perfect excuse to gather our friends and get away for a weekend! I'm now counting down the days for Seaside.

4 comments:

Coug Gal said...

Love Chelan! Looked like a great time!

Kris said...

Looks like you had such a great time - I am sad I missed out!!

Lyndsy said...

So much fun! I love the pics! I want to do this! Perhaps next summer I can come visit and do Chelan? Great pics as always coffey!

Blyth Family Blog said...

Sounds like a blast!! I miss Chelan. Great pics as usual and congrats to Cabe:)