- Raleigh currently loves all of his instruments - drums, rattles, bells, xylophone...you name it, he'll pound on it or shake it and do a little dance.
- He loves strawberries, bananas, grapes, black beans, avocado, turkey, chicken, veggie patties, cheese, yogurt, pasta and just about snack sized food that is put in front of him.
- Each night during his bath I ask him if he wants to read Goodnight Moon and he gets the biggest smile on his face and laughs. I love seeing the excitment in his face as we read and he points to the kitties and the balloon.
- He's close to walking, but a bit hesitant. I'm thinking that the hardwood floors throughout our house are making him a bit nervous, but in reality, he probably just isn't quite ready.
- He says hi, dada and kitty, but still no mama. No matter how much Steve coaches him on saying mama, he still refers to everything as dada (this secretly melts my heart).
- Now that spring has finally arrived (errr kind of), we're spending as much time outside with him as possible and he loves it. When the wind blows he holds his breath for a second and then takes a deep breath. And I think the bright orange ball in the sky is still a bit of a mystery to him.
- When he knows people are paying attention to him, he purses his lips like a little bird and smiles with his eyes.
- His laugh and voice are my most favorite sounds in the world.
- A couple of days after his 10 month birthday, I was diagnosed with my first sinus infection and decided, on the same day, to take him to the doctor for what seemed like the neverending cold...much to our surprise, we found out out he had his first ear infection ( and while we're at it, why not make it a double). We were both prescribed a 10 day dose of amoxicillian.
- I love this age...just like every other month, but this age is different because he's actually understanding what we're doing and he's getting the idea that we have routines. When I tell him we're going somewhere he seems to understand. My baby is growing up fast and I'm still attempting to cherish every single second.
Raleigh - we love you to the moon and back!
This photo made me laugh because it reminds me something Glamour Shots, at the mall in the 80s, would capture. He was actually a bit anxious and wouldn't sit still as I was taking this photos this morning, but you would think that I told him "comb your hair to the side, tilt your head, look off in the distance, right hand on thigh, left hand on the armest...just look casual" If only I was also able to get the cat to sit next to him - awkward sibling photo...hmmmm.