Friday, August 29, 2008

On the Road Again

Last night, Steve and I spent the evening enjoying Willie Nelson at the Marymoor Park in Redmond. Neither of us had ever been to a concert there before so it was fun to experience something new. We loved it! Thanks to my boss, we received free tickets in the 10th row. Granted I don't know a ton of Willie Nelson songs, my favorite performance was Always on My Mind. Watching him perform, it's hard to believe that this American music icon is 75 years old! However, I have to admit that once we walked up to the front section (that earlier had been blocked off) with a bunch of rowdy/stoned fans, his age was quite obvious. This man has been through quite a bit in his lifetime and is still able to sing and play his guitar (which I think may be older than he is) to a sold out crowd. It was an awesome evening and I look forward to attending future concerts at Marymoor. The next show I would like to see there is on Sunday, Sept. 7 featuring G Love and Special Sauce, The John Butler Trio and Tristan Prettyman.

3 comments:

Kris said...

FUN! I am so glad you snuck the camera in!

Misty Carpinito said...

We were there too! So much fun....gotta love Willie!

Aimee said...

I don't really know any Willie songs either but he is a music icon and no one can argue with that. I bet he was fun to see.

I need to hit me up some of those concerts in the park. It looks like a good time.