Sunday, January 22, 2012

SNOMG...Snowmageddon...Winter Freeze

Whatever you want to call it, it was the real deal of winter storms.  By the end of my 4 day lockdown, I felt like I was trapped in the twilight zone and on the verge of losing my mind.  Thankfully, I was able to work from home Tues, Wed, Thurs and Fri and Steve was conveniently scheduled to do a remodel on a home next door so life wasn't too difficult.  Raleigh had a horrible cold all week so I'm glad I was able to be with him, but it was tough holding him on my lap, talking on the phone with a co-worker and writing an email all at the same time.  Unfortunately, we didn't spend much time outside, but below are a few photos to re-cap my week.


Here are a few things that I learned this week...

- I am EXTRA thankful for Raleigh's weekly caregivers - my mom, my mother in law and the fabulous Miss Ali.  It is a tough job watching a very active baby all day.
- As much as I thought I wanted to be a stay at home mom, I'm not quite ready. However, I desperately wish that I could be a part-time/stay at home mom.
- I must get out of the house at least once a day.
- Power outages with a baby make me a little nervous (thankfully ours was only out for 3 hours).
- I need/want new snow clothes.
- If you pull a plastic sled with a baby, they'll immediately tip over.
- The NoseFrida is a lifesaver!  If you're a new mom, going to become a mom soon or have a baby with a cold, you must invest in this contraption...it seems gross, but it's worth for your baby to breath.
- Raleigh needs a mouth-guard...he grinds his teeth on and off ALL.DAY.LONG - any one have a remedy?

Below is a little video of Mr. Raleigh from this week...

4 comments:

Brady Andrew Weedin said...

Glad you made it through that storm!! It looked unbelievable! We didn't get anything...:( When are you coming out to visit?? I need my coffey fix & to play with that little man!

Jocelyn said...

omygosh. erin. my little guy grinds his teeth too! i didn't know babies did this til you said R does it too. my bestie loves the nose frida. i haven't gotten it yet, but must! luke has a little flu bug right now. glad you survived!

Lyndsy said...

love his little snowsuit! what a cutie! glad y'all made it through the storm :)

The Johnsons said...

Love little Raleigh! Raleigh told me the other day that he wants to come see Taylor and get some kisses. When are you coming out???